Monday, June 2, 2014

Letter in the Mail

(Today is a transfer day for Elder Lacey so we won't get an email until tomorrow. I got this letter in the mail just before we left for Pennsylvania on Friday so I thought I would post it.)

Buen Dia!!

How are you guys doing?  I hope the trip to Tahiti went well. By the time this gets to you school will probably be out? I bet Luke is pretty excited.  What are you guys going to do for summer?  Go have a BBQ and play some board games for me, Alright?

I miss you guys a ton but the mission is going really well.  I am even learning to cook a little bit! In Aeroparque it was really hard to cook because there were only little "almacens" and I had no idea what to eat. haha But in San Carlos, Chuy and here in 33 there are supermarkets.  They are kind of expensive but if you need special ingredients you can find them.  I am really glad that I started my mission in Aeroparque because it set my expectations pretty low as far as food and house conditions haha? But I now realize that Elder Walker did a really good job of training me there. He never complained or said anything bad about Aeroparque so I didn't know that there were better places. I had a blast there! I have loved every single one of my areas and companions!

Recently I have realized that I have been blessed with an ability since I have been on my mission.  I have been able to make everything simple.  To me the Gospel is so basic and logical.  I have been able to tie all of the different gospel topics into one word: FELICIDAD (happiness)  All of the commandments we have, all of the things we do, the scriptures, the prophets, the earth, temples, our families...We have all of these things because God loves us and he wants us to be happy.  That is why he sent Jesus Christ.
                                                       John 3:16
I am so glad that God has given me this knowledge so that I can share it with others. Sometimes we as missionaries like to make things too complicated with deep doctrine, but to me what I like to teach to investigators and to missionaries is this:
                                                       GOD LOVES US
If we are obedient to His words we will have eternal life. If we really truly have faith in Jesus Christ then we will obey. I am so grateful that I was raised in such a good home. Thank you Mom and Dad!  You were the ones that taught me this. Keep teaching Luke!  Read, pray, pay attention in church and have FHE.

I love you guys!

Elder Lacey





No comments:

Post a Comment