Thursday, June 12, 2014

7 Recent Converts

June 9, 2014

Dear Family,

I didn't know that I had met President Gonzales before! That's pretty neat. And that is awesome that Amy got to meet Pres. and Sis. Newsome! They are so awesome, what a coincidence! I love getting to see all of the pictures you send. I wish I could have been there with you guys to walk on water with the ducks. haha! The problem is that even with all of those fish the Lacey family still wouldn't be able to catch one. 

Send my felicitaciones to the FHS track team! That is LEGIT. The key there is that they got rid of all of the Lacey Boys. Who would have thought that after all these years we were holding FHS back haha! But let me know where Logan is going on his mission.

So, I just barely understood the letter that you guys put inside of the package with my socks. It hit me when I was sweeping the floor and I couldn't stop laughing. I had no idea why you wrapped my socks around a toilet paper roll. I thought it was to get them nice and fresh or something. I didn't realize that you actually sent me "special travel toilet paper" hahahaha! You guys are the best. Also, thank you for the toothbrush. Uruguayan toothbrushes are horrible, they die in like 2 weeks! 

This week we are going to have another zone conference with President Cook and then the next day we are going to have a conference with Elder Robbins (he is the new president in the 70) We have been having a ton of conferences lately which is kind of rough because we lose a lot of work time, but at the same time it is the best thing ever because we always learn so much. So I am really looking forward to this week. Other than that everything is normal. One thing that we have been focusing a lot on is family night. It is amazing how much family night helps the members, the investigators and everyone else. So make sure you are having your family nights every single day. (But if you don't want to have them every single day you can do it every Monday) :)

I really liked what you shared about "stand still". Sometimes it is easy to get stressed out about everything in the mission but it is good to realize that as long as we do everything that God asks everything will turn out alright. We need to give it our all and then stand still and watch the hand of God.

I know that this is the work of God and that no matter what happens this work will still keep moving forward. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to "apresurar la obra" del SeƱor (D y C 88:73) (“hasten the work of God”) Pres. Monson said that this scripture is being fulfilled now. Right now is the time to hasten the work. It is so awesome to be a part of the Lord’s plan in these latter days. Now let’s go baptize the world! 

Love

Elder Lacey

Dear Dad

I like how you are using the "phrase baptize the world" because that has been my phrase since the CCM.(MTC) But it is true. The Lord wants us to baptize the world! He wants every person who is ready to be baptized, men, women, children, grandparents, everyone. So that is what we are trying to do. We are also increasing the focus on retention.  Elder Bastidas and I are really happy because yesterday we had 7 recent converts in church and we are looking to increase that number. We only have 60 people in church and so having 7 recent converts there is pretty cool.

Un Abrazo 

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment