Monday, December 2, 2013

Another Miracle


December 2, 2013

Dear Family,

First off... STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!!!!

If you can't tell, I am PUMPED. I bleed green 4 Life.

This week has been awesome! Things are finally starting to come together. We are getting some good investigators that I think are going to go the distance. The biggest miracle that we saw this week was with Cleverson. He is the husband of a member in our ward but he is not a member. His wife and family have been trying to convert him for a very long time now but they haven't had any success. Recently we asked if we could go and have lunch with them. We have never had lunch with them because they live pretty far away in Brazil. (Cleverson is a Brazilian and all he speaks is Portuguese so it is a little hard to understand him sometimes) But we went and ate with them and then we shared a scripture. The next time that we saw his wife she told us that after we left Cleverson talked with her and told her that he wanted to get baptized! So we went over there and had a really good Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) with them and he agreed to get baptized this Saturday! He has already received all of the lessons a couple of times and he went to church for 3 straight years so he is totally prepared. He used to drink wine but he quit and now his only problem is coffee which he is going to quit as well. So this Saturday we are going to have a baptism. It makes me so happy to see the joy that this family has! This family has been praying and hoping for years and years and if all goes well they will be able to get sealed in the temple in a year! I am so happy for them.

Recently I have born my testimony a lot on the Plan of Salvacion. It is awesome to tie everything into this plan. Everything that we do here on this Earth is to help us prepare to live with God and our family. That is why we get baptized, go to church, read our scriptures and obey all of the commandments. I love it when people accept His plan and choose to be baptized. 

I love what you said about doctrine and application though. That is why I love teaching the Plan of Salvacion so much because it helps you realize why everything is important. 

I also like what you said about our to-do list. Sometimes we lose perspective on what really is important. When we say "I can't" to something it really just means that something else is more important. If we say I can't go to church because I have work we are saying that work is more important to us than church. We always need to have the right perspective on what really is important in this life.

So everyone gets to Skype here in Uruguay! I just don't know the details of where and how. But I am looking forward to it! I can't believe that it is already December. I was jealous that you guys all got to go to Cali! I received all of the pictures so don't worry.

But I love all of you so much. I always pray for everyone up there! Keep up the good work in everything.

Love,

Elder Lacey


Dear Dad,

FHS IS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP! That is the coolest thing that I have ever heard! I wish I could be up there to see it but there are some better things to do down here. You are going to go watch the game right? 

I really like that line that you emailed me. How can we emulate the Savior if we don´t even know who He is? we can´t! I am totally going to use that in our street contacts because everyone down here believes in God and Jesus Christ but they don't see a need for a church. We go to church to learn more about how we can become more like Jesus Christ.


Who did you sell our home too? That house was the best! But what you said is true. A home isn't just wood and nails. 

Thanks Dad for all that you do. I am so grateful for this family that I have. You are an inspiration for me and I try to share this message because I want to help people to have a family like mine. Keep doing what you are doing and make sure FHS wins this week! 

Love!

Elder Lacey


No comments:

Post a Comment