Monday, December 23, 2013

10 Baptismal Dates


December 23, 2013

Dear Family,

Is it Christmas soon? I can't believe it! First off because it is super hot outside and second because time is going by so quickly! I can't wait to be able to talk to you guys on Christmas. I am going to call you guys at 6 o'clock our time and we get a whole hour to talk. I also got a whole boatload of packages this past Friday! Thank you so much for sending all of those. The only problem is that there were some thieves that stole some of the candy out of my package. They were really thoughtful though and left a note with some candy wrappers in a ZIPLOC bag. They must have gone through a lot of effort to find a ziploc bag so that they could leave me a note. Haha! I actually laughed pretty hard when I saw that. I have to admit that you did get me for a split second!  I opened a couple of the presents and then I left 2 so that I can open them up on Christmas. But I am wearing my canteen tie right now. I love it! No more dehydration! And Honey Farley sent me a package that is awesome! She is da best. Thank her a ton for me.

These past couple of days have been the busiest days of my mission. I have to make sure that everything is running smoothly in my district and there is barely enough time to make sure our area is organized. Usually the companion of the district leader can help a lot by doing the area book and planning things out and calling members and investigators but I haven't had time to teach Elder Rae all of that stuff yet so I when we get home from proselyting I am running around like a chicken with its legs cut off....(I thought maybe Doug would have liked that analogy) So basically it has been a lot of work, but God is definitely blessing us. Elder Rae is learning everything super quickly and in the past couple of days we have found a ton of new investigators. We now have 10 people with a baptismal date. It just shows that it doesn't matter how long you have been on the mission, Elder Rae has a ton of faith and that is what has been helping find so many people. Sometimes I think that the brand new missionaries have some of the best faith on the mission because they don't know what to do so they rely on the Lord. When missionaries get more experienced they tend to rely on their own knowledge. So, I am trying to always listen to the Spirit instead of doing what I think is best. But anyway, we are really excited for our investigators. We have a 34 year old woman and her 10 year old son that are going to get baptized this weekend. She is the best! She has accepted everything with ease. She has a boyfriend and before we even taught about the Law of Chastity she chose to live it! Right now she seems like one of the strongest members in our ward and she has only come to church twice! It is really cool to see how much her life is changing for the better.

My Mom is a Genius! Dang Mom! You are killin it up there at BYU. I know how hard it is to get a high score on your finals. You must have been studying really hard. 

Thanks for the packages! I also got a letter from Amy and from Grandpa Steinagel so thank them for me! Thank Honey Farley for the package as well. Thanks for all that you guys are doing. I am so excited to be out here on the mission helping others come to Christ. Its da Best! I luv it! Now..... go away! Read some scrips!-Nacho Libre

Love,

Elder Lacey

PS Talk to you guys on Wednesday! :)

Dear Dad,


Man, this week has been crazy. I never realized how much work the district leaders do. And I also respect my trainer a lot more. But I am so glad that I have a really good companion, Elder Rae likes to work hard and he learns really quick. He wants to help me with my District Leader responsibilities so I am really grateful for that. In about a week after he learns about all of the basics I think everything will be a lot easier. But I have actually enjoyed being really busy! I think I will lose some of this fat that I have gained because I don't have the chance to eat at nights now haha! So that is a blessing. But I have also felt that I have been able to help out my district a lot so I feel good about the work that I get to do.

That is so awesome that you and Luke are waking up and shooting hoops. I wish I could be there with you guys to show you how its done! haha! Anyway, I will talk with you guys on Wednesday! Have a Merry Christmas!

Love,

Elder Lacey


No comments:

Post a Comment