Thursday, December 19, 2013

Changes!


December 19, 2013

Dear Family,

Well my space bar doesn't work very well so we will see how this goes.

Anyway, the past 3 days have been crazy. We got the change call on Monday night and then we were supposed to have P day on Tuesday but some things changed so I get to e mail right now. So for changes Elder Ochoa is leaving and I am staying.... I am training and I am also the District Leader......That is why these past 3 days have been a bit crazy. I had to take a bus early on Tuesday so that I could get to Montevideo to go through some training and meet my new companion. It was weird because I had to take the bus by myself, so that was kind of weird haha! 

My new comp is Elder Rae. He is such a good guy! He is from Seattle Washington. We have kind of been through a lot of hard stuff in the past couple days but he is taking it like a champ. We had the Christmas conference on Wednesday and that was awesome because we ate like a couple of kings. I also got to see all of the friends that I have made on the mission because every single missionary was there. So it was really good to catch up with everybody. But the bad thing was that because we had this Christmas conference the bus didn't leave until 6 o'clock which means we didn't get home until 3 a.m. in Chuy. And then we woke up at 6:30. So basically my companion is a Boss!! (that means he is awesome!) I am really excited to work with him. I am also really excited to be able to serve him and everybody in my district. I am really looking forward to this change. I am a little bit sad that Elder Ochoa left and that Elder Tolman finished his mission.  They both helped me a ton!

But sorry that I wasn't able to email on Tuesday. Hopefully you guys weren't to worried. 

It is crazy that you are almost done with all of your classes!I wish you luck with your finals. I also wish BYU luck in Basketball... it sounds like they need it.

I have no idea how the Skype thing is working. We will find out soon and I will tell you on Monday. But I do know that we can Skype whenever is best for you guys.

It has been blazin hot down here. Sometimes we come home and our shirts are completely drenched because it is so humid. But it actually isn't too bad... I'm getting a nice tan. Especially right where my watch is haha! I will have to send you  a picture of my tan line. I will try to send some of our weather up your way.

So I don't know where those packages are. There is a really good possibility that I get them tomorrow in the morning. it is kind of hard when you are in Chuy to get everything. 

But I agree with everything you say about the family. It is so obvious to see down here just how important the family really is. It is interesting that one of the very first things that we teach is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. Now that is a true statement if I have ever seen one. I am so glad that I was raised in a home where the gospel was taught because now I can testify to these people that I have seen how much this message helps the family live in happiness.

I am so glad to hear that Luke is doing so well. I love hearing that he wears his future missionary badge every Sunday! I can't wait to come home and see him when he is 6 feet tall! haha Is he in 5th grade right now????

I love you guys! I will email you more on Monday. I am really excited for this opportunity that I have to serve my fellow elders and tambien my fellow 
Urugua(sh)ans. I love my family so much! I hope everyone has a holly jolly Christmas. Drink some eggnog for me.

Love,

Elder Lacey


Dear Dad,
How did you know that I was talking about Rugby? Haha!
I am still so excited for the Scorps. Did they do any big festivities or anything?
Sorry that I didn't get to email you last week. I ran out of time super fast for some reason. But I hoped you liked the letter! There should be a couple more on the way.
But Chuy is the best. You can buy all sorts of American stuff and then you  can cross over to Brazil and get a bunch of food for really cheap. I am loving this no tax stuff. Maybe anarchy is the way to go. (chiste)
I'm glad my spanish was alright. I will have to rely on my spanish even more now that I am training. I forgot how much spanish you don't know when you first get into the mission. But my comp is a hard worker so I think he will learn fast. We will also be able to learn the language together. I am still waiting for a Latino comp! haha
Good luck to BYU in the Bowl Game! Hey, I heard that some young guy won the Heisman from Florida State. Thats crazy! How did Johny Manziel do this year?
Well I love you Dad. I am excited to be able to talk to you on Christmas. Maybe we will ahve to speak a little bit of voz to each other haha
Love,
Elder Lacey
pastedGraphic.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment