Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Keep the Sabbath Day Holy


November 25, 2013

Dear Family,

Congratulations Sam and Annie! I am so happy for them. I sent them a letter last week but since I am in Chuy it takes a little bit longer to get to the States. Hopefully they will get it soon though. I am excited for the future for them.

Rock on Mom! You are killin your studies! You better slow down or they might want you to become a doctor or something. I am really happy that you are doing so well though. I have a testimony that when we put God first in our lives he will help with the rest. He can even help us in things like our school work or are relations with our family. That is a thing that a lot of people don't understand down here. One of the biggest commandments that is broken is the Sabbath Day. There are very few people that live this commandment and you can see how much they are blessed for living it. There is a Brazilian man that has been a member for about 5 years or so. Anyway, he shared with us that he had work on Sunday but when he got baptized he quit his job so that he wouldn't work on Sunday. He didn't have work for 3 months but he finally found a really good job and he knows that God has blessed him immensely in his life because of his decision to keep the Sabbath day holy. He is now the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric.

This week was another tough week! We are working really hard to find these people here but so far we are still struggling to find some really firm investigators. In the past 2 weeks we have found 31 new investigators but it has been so hard to get a 2nd charla with them. Satan lame. We had a family that was super excited to get baptized and to baptize all of there children that were of age but when we passed by to teach them the 2nd lesson they said that they didn't want anymore. We were so confused because just 2 days before they were really happy about it all. Anyways, we are going to keep working and praying to find those people that are ready to hear our message.

It is tough to know if young women are really interested in the message or if they are just "snakes". It helps when you work with the members to teach them. That way you can kind of see if they are interested in the message or not. You always have to keep your distance from snakes!

That is sweet that you are all going to Cali. Sometimes I feel like I am in Hawaii down here. It gets pretty hot and humid and there are parts with a lot of vegetation... so I think I will just stay down here instead of going on vacation to California. Tell everybody hi for me! Maybe I will cook up some panchos for Thanksgiving and have a feast! 

Hey, I have been out for 6 months! That is crazy. I have seen so many things here in Uruguay it is crazy. I have so many awesome experiences and I am excited for the time that I still have left to do some work. Just this week we have had some interesting experiences. we have an investigator who believes TO MUCH in Joseph Smith! He says that we need to be disciples of Joseph Smith. He doesn't want to be baptized though... it doesn't make sense. We are working with him. And this other guy completely believes that we are spies from America.  Then there are mini horses everywhere! Chuy is an awesome place. There is a little bit of everything here. We talked to a guy yesterday who speaks 4 languages including English so we taught him in English. It was hard! haha

Anyway, I am having a blast. I hope you guys are having a blast too. Life is good. Give hugs to everybody and eat a lot of food for me!

Love,

Elder Lacey

PS I keep trying to send pictures.  I have some awesome pictures for you but these computers are lame :(

No comments:

Post a Comment