Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Elder Lacey is now in Chuy!


November 5, 2013

Dear Family,

We just received the change call last night! I'm not going to lie, we have been pretty sad for the last 12 hours. Elder Ve'e and I are both leaving! We couldn't believe it. We love it so much here! Elder Ve'e and I are really close and our area here is the best. In the next 3 weeks we have 6 people who are going to be baptized. It is really sad because we love these people that we are teaching and we wanted to see them finally reach their baptism. Today we have to run around and say goodbye to them all. We also recently got a Ward Mission Leader and we have established a good relationship with the members here. So it has been a rough half of a day but I know that it will all work out in the end. The changes are never wrong and this is what is best for the mission. Mom, I loved the last paragraph that you wrote me.  That is exactly what I needed to hear.

So I am going to Chuy! My next companion is Elder Ochoa. He is a Latino so I am finally going to learn how to speak Spanish haha! I don't know much about him though. Elder Ve'e is going to Maldonado. He is going to finish training Elder Smart from Salt Lake City.

This past week Elder Ve'e and I did wurk! This was our best week so far. We found this 19 year old named Horacio who is golden. He already wants to go on a mission and we just met him 3 days ago. He is going to get baptized the 30th. We found out that the Sisters are coming into our area so that makes things a little tough because most of our investigators are men and some of them like Eduardo are single men. I am interested to see how it will all play out. 

I need to stop being so negative! haha! I just wasn't expecting this. I know that this is the plan that the Lord has for the Mission so everything is going to be all good.  

I loved getting all of those pictures! I am so happy that Olivia had such a good baptism. I wish I could have been there to see it! Give her a high five for me. It looks like you guys had a pretty fun Halloween! Elder Ve'e and I forgot about Halloween! There were a few kids that dressed up and went trick or treating but really not many. I loved Luke’s George Washington costume! He looked legit. All of the pictures of everyone else made me laugh! Mikey and Sam’s faces were classic. 

I am glad that Luke got his letter for his Birthday in time! I am trying to send one for Sam and Annie’s wedding but things are a bit crazy here right now. I will try to send it next week. That is really sad to hear about Uncle Klar though. He was a great man.

But I am really excited to be able to go work over in Chuy. It is going to be sad to say goodbye to elder Ve'e but we will probably be companions again haha! It is going to be sad to say goodbye to San Carlos too. I have only been here for 6 weeks but I love it here. It feels like home. I can't wait to e-mail you in a week and tell you guys that Chuy is my new home! Oh and Chuy is half in Brazil! Looks like I will have to learn some Portguese! haha!

Send my love to everybody! I miss all my brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews and grandmas and grandpas up there and everyone else too! Keep looking for opportunities to share the gospel. It doesn't always have to be with a non member. Share the gospel with those less active members too! 

Anyway, I love you guys so much!

Abrazos and Bezos,

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment