Monday, March 30, 2015

Yo Sé que Vive mi Señor!


March 30, 2015

Dear Family,

I now realize why those who go to spirit paradise are also missionaries. Its because the mission is paradise! If we really want to be happy we need to share the gospel! Well that is how I feel. We have some investigators that are really progressing and you can see the difference in their lives and in the lives of their families. Elder Lawson and I are really happy to be here in Lezica because it is the promised land :) 

This week we were able to do a ton of things. We helped an investigator build a house which was fun. Here all of the houses are made out of cinder block and so he taught us how to make the walls and we went at it. I will send you pictures of it next week. We have also made friends with a herd of pigs that live in this garbage field that we walk through to get to a recent converts house. I at least think we are friends with them because they don't make angry noises at us anymore. haha! 

Here in Lezica the work is progressing. The members are super pumped and we feel like we are helping out the ward a lot. We have been having activities and Noches de Hogares a lot and so everyone is happy. It helps the recent converts out a lot when you have so much participation in the ward. 

That is interesting that in Sunday school you were talking about that because If I remember right my last talk that I gave was about the difference between testimony and conversion. If we truly have a testimony then we should be truly converted. Faith without works is dead. We need to go out and do it! 

In church yesterday for the last hymn we sang numero 73 Yo Sé que Vive mi Señor. I think it has become my favorite hymn now. It is very simple but it is what I feel and I love the last line of the last verse because it is like a testimony from the heart!

Yo sé que vive mi Señor!

Love,

Elder Lacey

Dear Dad,

I miss good ol' Lace pops humor haha! When I get home we will have to invest into some app building because I have a few ideas of my own. 

That is awesome that you are working well with that family. I would love to meet them when I get home. It is crazy how fast time is flying by. 

I can't wait for conference either. I am going to really study hard this week to be prepared for what they are going to tell us. Save some cinnamon rolls for me haha! 

It is great to be a missionary. Yesterday we actually taught 2 charlas in English which was interesting. It is a little bit harder to teach in English than in Spanish! I had to ask my companion how to say a few things in English....I am losing it! haha

I love you Dad!

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment