Monday, March 9, 2015

I Like Miracles!


Susana with Elder Lacey, Elder Morris and others


March 2, 2015


Dear Family,

Miracles! I like miracles. Sandra and her family are doing awesome! It is crazy the changes that are happening in their lives. Here they went through one of the hardest years of their lives and they are able to see the blessings that have come from it. They lost their dad/husband last year and then a month ago they almost died in a crazy fire. They lost a lot of their possessions and they didn't have insurance so they just completely lost all of it. We have been able to do a lot of service cleaning and painting their house and the ward has helped out a lot and so they are living in their house again. The amazing part is that they see the fire as a blessing. I love going over their because they are so happy and peaceful. They lost their TV and so what they do is they play cards and chat with each other and drink mate haha! It is a testimony to me that real happiness comes from the gospel blessing families, it does not come from the world. Before the fire Sandra wasn't very open to the missionaries but now she wants to get baptized! She has felt the spirit very strongly in the church, in her house, and with the members. Sandra and Sofia are going to get baptized together on the 14th of March. Its going to be a good Birthday week :)

I have been learning a lot in these past 3 months about our job as missionaries. Elder Viñas came to the mission and taught us about establishing the church. It is sad because in many areas here in Uruguay the total church attendance hasn't changed much in the past 10 years even though the missionaries have been working really hard. Sometimes we as missionaries work super hard but we aren't working in the right way to edify the church. I am really pumped to help build the church in Lezica. We are going to focus on finding families and the church here in Uruguay really needs Priesthood holders as well so we are going to go find some good worthy men that can be leaders in the church. I love this ward because the members are super open to the missionary work!

I got 2 packages! Thank you guys! I got the one with beef jerky and power bars and then the Valentines day one. I'm happy :)

I can't express how grateful that I am to be here in the mission. I love it, I love it, I love it! I feel the spirit every day and what I have learned in these past 21 months is priceless. God loves us! Life is good.

I love all of you!

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment