Monday, February 23, 2015

Lezica (Laceyica) is the best town in the world.

Susana's Baptism

February 23, 2015

Dear Family,

Another good ol' week in the best town in the world. Lezica (Laceyica) is the best. The members here are awesome and the work is good. The only problem is that we are running out of time to do all the things that we need to do! haha I guess that is a good problem to have so I am not complaining. This past week we had the best Correlation that I have ever had in my mission. We have 6 ward missionaries (which is 6 more then I have ever had) and 5 of them showed up to Correlation with the ward mission leader. And let me tell you, all of the excitement is contagious. On Sunday we had the best ward council that I have ever had as well. The members are really focused and want to help us a ton. We have had a ton of members ask to leave with us just to proselyte. I have fallen in love with this place. 

Susana got baptized! It was such a good experience and really spiritual. It was good to see how far she had come. When we were teaching her she would always say that she felt like a big bowl of green jello on a hamster wheel. Haha! She didn't feel at peace. When I talked to her on Friday she said that she felt like a big red balloon flying in the sky...that is her way of saying that she is finally at peace. It was also good to see all of my buddies like Elder Morris and all of the members. I forgot to bring my camera so I will send you pictures next week but it sounds like you already saw some through Emiliano. Emiliano is awesome! He is going to be such a good missionary. Tell him that I love him!

A spanish class sounds good! I have always wanted to learn spanish! But other than that I have no idea what my plans are going to be this summer. I guess just study and work out all day and read the scriptures. I guess I might have to go look for a job! But the good thing is that I don't have to worry about that for 3 months :)

I think I will be able to figure everything out with My Family Search. I will probably do Michael Martin Lacey. I will try and get the phone number of Travis' mom because I think his parents are in charge of it all as far as the apartment goes.

Tim and Nicole Lawson are the parents of Elder Awesome errr.... I mean Elder Lawson.

Oh! I promised a member that I would write you about an investigator that we have. Sandra is the mom and her son Santiago got baptized and her daughter Sofia wants to get baptized really bad. A little over a month ago they all got caught in a bad house fire. Sandra got badly burnt but is recovering well. The kids are fine. Sandra before was open to the missionaries but she didn't want to receive the charlas. After this whole experience things have changed and she is more open to us. We still haven't talked to her very much but she went to church this Sunday. She has also gone through some really horrible things as well. Her 2 oldest children are addicted to drugs and so that haunts her a lot. But she has seen a lot of miracles lately and she is really being prepared by the Lord. We are working really closely with the familia Barreiro. The Dad is the 2nd Counselor in the Stake Presidency and he suggested that we write our moms about what is happening and that maybe you could write a note to Sandra. I think that would be a great idea! So if you want you can send me an email and I can print it out and give it to her. If Dad could translate it that would be good or if not Hermana Carmen Barreiro Speaks English. I think that would help Sandra out a ton.

It is amazing to look back and see how far I have come. I love testifying of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The other day I finished Jesus the Christ. Over these past 2 years I have defended his name and tried my best to be a representative of him. He truly is our Redeemer. Through him all mankind can change and obtain Eternal Life. I love the Mission.

Love!

Elder Lacey

Dear Dad,

I love everything you said. I do feel like I have grown to love the people here even more than when I started. I am working differently as a missionary and I feel like that is why I am loving it so much in Lezica. We are super nice to everyone and we look for opportunities to show our love to everybody. Emiliano will be leaving to Peru for his mission in May. He is going to be a solid missionary. I wish that I could have learned all of the things that I know now before my mission haha! I thought that the last 50 Meters was supposed to be the hardest??? I am loving it! 

I love you dad!

Elder Lacey




No comments:

Post a Comment