Monday, November 24, 2014

Lucas's Baptism



November 24, 2014

Dear Family, 

Las Piedras is awesome! I am really loving it here and Elder Havens is the best. We get along super well and he is a good worker so everything is going great. We have 0 investigators right now but that is how every other change has been. But I kind of like it like that because then we can just start from the start and find a bunch of new people. We already have found a family that has good potential   so we will see how it goes. I really like it here though. It kind of reminds me of Aeroparque in a way. Here in our zone we have 10 Valientes and 3 Oros which is crazy talk. Valientes are missionaries in their last change and a lot of them are good friends of mine. (Oros are new missionaries) Elder Powell is in my zone and he is a Valiente. He is on the BYU football team as well. Today we were planning on getting a good basketball game going but we ended up playing a game of soccer instead..... BYUs soccer team better watch out. I think Elder Powell and I are going to switch sports cause we played pretty well. It has been to long since I have thrown a football! haha

So I think I completely forgot to tell you about the baptism of Lucas. It was perfect! His whole family came and a lot of the ward was there as well. I will try to send you a picture of it. We will see how well these new computers work down here in Las Piedras. Lucas is a stud though. He is one of those young kids that is going to change the lives of his whole family. He already wants to serve a mission. It was kind of sad because he was really sad that I was leaving. He is a good kid.

I got your package! Thank you so much! The shoes are perfect and the peanut butter and carmel apple suckers and protein bars have saved my life this week. You are the best! 

Recently I have been learning a lot about working with members. Here in Las Piedras there are some really good members so I am looking forward to working with them. Being a missionary has opened my eyes to what role members need to play in the conversion of investigators. It is also interesting because as members help in the missionary work their own testimonies grow. If we truly have testimonies then we will want to share the gospel with everyone that we love, and we should love everyone so we should be sharing this message with everybody! I am so glad that you guys have such a strong desire to share the gospel. I remember that Mom was the first one to really share  a spiritual message with Tyler Hough. I remember you shared a plan of salvation puzzle thing with him and he said that he felt like he had already heard it before. If it wasn't for Mom I don't know if I ever would have talked to him about the church. I was crazy. I love the mission because I have learned so much about the Gospel and how God works with his children. It really is the best 2 years.

I love all of you!

Elder Lacey

Dear Dad,

In my other letter I said that if we have testimonies then we will share it with those we love, but it is a commandment to love everyone so we much share our testimonies with everyone. Yep, we need to baptize Obama. It is to bad that Sean Farley didn't baptize him. I guess Obama would need a question 4 interview because he has supported abortions but we could probably arrange one of those interviews with the mission president in Washington DC.

But I would love to see everyone in Skype That would be awesome! 

Also, I think my shoes get better mileage then any car so if you just buy me a new pair of shoes when I get home that will be good enough........haha But I would be grateful with whatever car you decide to give me. I would love to have my old car back but a 2015 Corvette would be ok I guess. haha

I love you Dad!

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment