Friday, November 21, 2014

Las Piedras


November 18, 2014

Dear Family,

Changes! I am leaving Melo. I will be a zone leader in Las Piedras (which is basically in Montevideo) and I will be with Elder Havens. I am sad but I am also excited for the new experience. Changes always bring a little bit of sadness but I already know through experience that being changed is always what is best for you. Elder Leavitt and I got along great and we worked well together and so it is too bad that we didn't have more time together but I know Elder Havens and he is a really good missionary as well. All of my comps have been bosses! (Excellent Missionaries) 

The good news is that After 9 changes of being at least 6 hours away from Montevideo I will finally live close to it. NO MORE LONG BUS RIDES AT 1 A.M.! haha! 

Well, I have 4 changes left. I compare the mission to a 400 m race. The strategy is not to save yourself at any point in the race. The strategy is to sprint as fast as you can and give it your all. The only rule I have is that you have to finish faster then you started :) That is right, 110% . I guess it is time to really pick the pace up! Lets go!

I feel great right now. My sickness is completely gone. I have had a little bit of allergies but I still have a bottle and a half of Zyrtec so I am well covered. 

I love receiving emails from you guys because I always feel the spirit really strongly. I can just imagine Luke passing the Sacrament! It is humbling to me how important his job is as a 12 year old deacon. I am proud of him. I am glad that he liked the drawing. It is interesting to me because I wrote him a letter and I wanted to draw him a picture but I ran out of time. It turned out that I wasn't able to send the letter until the next p day and I felt impressed to draw a picture so I did it. It is something super simple but I really feel like God wanted it to turn out that way. If I would have read this story before the mission I probably would have laughed and said that it was just a coincidence but I know that God loves us and that he cares about even the smallest of things. 

I know that God lives and that he loves us. He watches over us and cares for us. This plan is perfect. Death does not have victory. Families can live together forever. Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I love this gospel.

Love

Elder Lacey

PS I knew that I had read that scripture recently! (Ezekiel 33:9) I totally forgot about that you had sent that to me! That is really awesome. I actually think that this email was the catlyst that got me thinking about what I read in my personal study. Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment