Monday, November 10, 2014

The Watchmen




Elder Lacey and Contreras with la familia Acosta

Elder Lacey eating CHIVITO

Elder Lacey leading Zone Conference

Elder Contreras, Veronica, and Elder Lacey





November 10, 2014

Dear Family,

I cannot believe that Luke is already graduating from primary. It is amazing how fast time has gone by. I sent him a letter for his birthday but I don't know if it will get there in time. I am so pumped that he will get to go to the temple to do baptisms!

That is so sweet that you got a big bear hug by Elder Dallin H. Oaks! When I get home you will have to give me a hug so that I can say that I have hugged my mom who hugged Dallin H. Oaks who hugged President Monson! That is a pretty awesome experience. It is amazing how much love they have for everyone.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that Elder Leavitts grandma is Sister McConkie who gave a talk in the last General Conference. Ya.....So I have the hookups now. Front row general conference seats for life!! haha! 

Today I was doing an activity in Preach my Gospel (It is a challenge for the whole mission to finish all of the personal study activities) But I was studying in Ezekiel 3:17-21 and it was interesting what I learned. As we preach the gospel we save our own souls. In a later chapter in Ezekiel it talks about a watchmen, and how if he blows the trumpet it is not his fault if the people choose not to heed the warning of the trumpet. The watchmen did his part. I studied a little bit more about that but it just gave me even more of a desire to go out and make sure that everyone is warned. Sometimes it is sad because the people don't listen but as we warn everyone we will save our own souls as well. Here in Melo it has been pretty rough. I don't know if you guys remember Rebecca but she was as golden of an investigator as you can get. It was amazing how fast she progressed. She completed with every commitment we gave her. She was living with her boyfriend and she even committed to live the law of chastity. But She still couldn't get baptized because she was living in the same house of her boyfriend still. In the end her boyfriend told her that she shouldn't go to church anymore so she stopped because she was scared of losing him........Super sad story but hopefully one day she will get baptized. It is amazing how many people are prepared here but they just haven't been able to pass there last challenge! But Lucas is going to get baptized this saturday! He is so awesome.

I love you guys so much! I hope Luke has the best Birthday ever! Hopefully he gets my letter soon!

Love

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment