Thursday, April 10, 2014

General Conference for Life!


April 7, 2014

Dear Family,

General Conference for Life! 

That’s what I wish we had. General Conference is the best and I am really sad that it is over. I learned a ton of things that I want to start applying right now on the mission. I hope everyone else was able to hear the council that God has for us.

So this week has been pretty crazy. On Tuesday Elder Vorwaller and I went down to Montevideo for "Concilio". It is a meeting for all of the zone leaders and President. President Cook is Awesome! I am grateful to have been in contact with so many great leaders. We talked a lot about what we can do to help all of our zones and the biggest thing that I have been learning is that we just need to go to work with the spirit. There aren't any secrets in the mission, if we have a desire to serve God we are called to go to WORK and serve him with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. Now I am just trying to help other missionaries learn how to apply this concept. Hopefully General Conference will help all of the missionaries here have the desire to give everything to the Lord. We also had a zone conference this past week where we talked about this concept. We shared an example of a Doctor. If Someone comes into the hospital bleeding to death the doctor is going to do everything he can to save this person. It doesn't matter if the doctor is hungry, hot, thirsty, if he doesn't like the hospital, or if nobody is helping him. He will give everything to save this person. We as missionaries are doing something a lot more important than saving someones mortal life. We are saving peoples souls, o sea, we are saving their lives for the eternities. We HAVE to give our all to save these people.

Some other crazy things that have happened this week is that we are closing one of the areas in our zone. They weren't getting much work done at all and they were having some obedience problems so President and the AP's decided to close it.

I want to close with what our prophet told us in one of his talks "Needed is a Daniel" :) haha I enjoyed that

Love 

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment