Monday, April 14, 2014

Moms Have Superhuman Strength


April 14, 2014

Dear Family,

First off, you guys are the best! I love my family so much! I receive so much support from all of you guys and I just feel blessed to have the 2 best parents in the world and the 9 best siblings in the world (including the adopted brothers and sisters in laws) I am a lucky guy to have so many good people in my life.

This week went by quicker than ever! We had a zone conference with President on Wednesday and Elder Vorwaller and I had to spend a lot of time setting everything up for that. Mom, how the heck do you do it? I didn't realize how hard it is to get food for everyone! We had to feed 25 people lunch on Wednesday and I think it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life! haha But it turned out pretty dang good and we only spent 100 bucks for everything.... not to shabby. But seriously, I really appreciate the work of a mother. Making sure everyone has food everyday takes superhuman strength, knowledge, and skill. Moms are the best.

President Cook is awesome! He is a really funny guy and he is also really spiritual. I got to talk with him and his wife for a good amount of time and I am really excited to work with them here in the mission. We have had some difficulties here in our own area of work but things are looking up. Lately we have had a couple of really good investigators fall through such as Horacio. It is really sad because we feel like we had really good charlas and he had a lot of opportunities to feel the spirit but for some reason he didn't recognize it. He even went to General Conference! I don't know how you can go to General Conference and not get baptized afterwards! But we have found some really good families recently so we will see how it all goes. 

One thing that caught my attention when I was talking with President is that we were almost talking about the mission like it was a war. We were talking about some of the areas in our zone and I felt like I was talking strategy on the battlefield. It was interesting to me because we really are in a war. We are fighting against Satan in a battle for everyones souls. That is why missionaries have to put there whole heart, might, mind, and strength into the mission because you can't go play around on the battlefield. The difference is that our bullets are made out of love instead of metal haha Anyway, just a thought.

Yesterday we were sitting in church listening to Fast and Testimony meeting. This older lady went up and talked about how there is so much evil in the world and how bad everything is. The next person who went up was a lady in her 20's and she shared her testimony on the Atonement. The difference between the 2 testimonies was interesting. Sometimes I like to focus on how wicked the world is getting, but we really should be focused on how much light this gospel can bring to us. Our message is a message of hope and light. Through the Atonement everyone can be healed. Everyone can be saved. It doesn't matter how many people are going down a wrong path or how much evil is going on around us. We can rise up above it all if we just follow the example of Jesus Christ and use the Atonement in our lives. Now that is an awesome message! 

I hope everyone is doing well. Things have been pretty busy around here but I will try to get some letters out to you guys. I love you all!

abrazos!

Elder Lacey

PS to answer your question from last time, I don't take the money to the bank. The councilors do that for the tithing
The Birthday Banner we sent Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment