Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Baptism


April 22, 2014

Dear Family,

That is so awesome that you got to have "Elder Walker" and "Elder Morrow" over for Easter. They are such great guys. They both have helped me out a ton in my life and I am really grateful for both of them. 

Easter down here was pretty different. Basically it doesn't really exist! I didn't even know when it was. But not having any celebrations or anything didn't keep me from thinking about the Atonement of Jesus Christ all week.

This week was a pretty crazy one. First off, we had a baptism! Beatriz finally made the commitment to be baptized! We have been working with her for quite awhile and she was completely ready to get baptized but something kept holding her back. We weren't planning on her being baptized anytime soon but on Saturday we were walking over to have a charla with her and we had the impression to invite her to get baptized the next day and she accepted! I will send you some pictures of her. Her daughter is already a member. They are both super awesome! The baptism was a really spiritual experience too! By the end of it she couldn't stop crying which is always a good sign. We were all really excited.

So, changes came in! It was super exciting as a zone leader because all of the changes effect your zone. My new comp will be Elder Bastidas from Peru. He is a new zone leader so I will have to train him a little bit on what to do. He is also my first Latino comp! Por Fin! (Finally!) I can learn spanish now haha I am really looking forward to working with him. This change I really want to help everyone in my zone work with the spirit 100% of the time. Elder Vorwaller and I were talking about how our mission is super obedient and we all work really hard but sometimes I think we all forget that as missionaries we are promised with the help of the holy ghost at all times. We need to work as hard as we can with the spirit. That means focusing on Jesus Christ and the Atonement to help us be worthy at all times to receive the help from the Lord. If we work with the spirit then we are working with the Lord.

The food here is good. They have a lot of fruit and stuff so I am happy! But I am so pumped for Brian! Send him my saludos!

The mission is the best. I am sad to see Elder Vorwaller go but I am excited for all of the opportunities that he will have up there. We had a super awesome change together and I hope that you will be able to meet him too. 

I love you guys!

Elder Lacey

PS I got some letters from Amy! Her kids are hilarious! Send them my love





No comments:

Post a Comment