Tuesday, February 25, 2014

9 months!!





Farley's sent Daniel a Kilt Towel Haha



Many, Many bus trips


February 23, 2014

Dear Family,

Time flies when you are having fun! It doesn't even feel like I have been out for 9 months. I have loved every part of these past months and it is sad to see them go by so fast. This week was such another great week though.
We got to go to the temple! We left Tuesday at 6 pm and we got back Thursday at 9 am. When we were leaving it was kind of rough because we knew that we were going to lose even more time working in our areas and we were scared that some of our baptisms would fall through if we weren't here to teach them more. But when we were in the temple all of our worries were thrown away. What a sweet experience. I LOVE THE TEMPLE! This time was especially awesome because there is the new video. I received a lot of revelation for our area and for our district while I was in there so it was definitely worth the little bit of time that we lost. Right after the temple we had a district meeting and our whole district got really pumped up to get out and WORK. Even though everyone in our district lost a couple days of work, everyone had one of the best weeks ever. We were really blessed with the spirit and we know that the Lord watched over our investigators.

This week Jaimí and Juan got baptized. They were both miracles and we didn't think that they would get baptized this week because we still had to teach them a lot of things. But everything worked out perfectly and they were able to get baptized on Sunday along with 2 other people from the other missionaries in our ward. So in total we had 4 baptisms in the ward! It was a really good experience. Sadly I forgot my camera so I don't have pictures of it today but i will be able to get it from the other elders so I will send it next week. 

I liked what you said about the plateau effect. I have felt it a little bit but every time I start to feel like I am plateauing we have an awesome zone conference or we go to the temple. Things like that just boost our excitement and our spirits a ton. 

I got a bunch of B-day packages when we went to the temple! Thanks so much! I needed a lot of that stuff.....those Reeses pieces m&m things are divine. I also got Sam's picture and it is in plain sight so that I can remember how bad I need to beat up on him in IGP when I get back haha! I also got that paper with Proverbs 3:5 on it. Such a good scrip. The Farleys also sent me a package with some good stuff in it. Thank them a ton for me! There packages are always a good time. 

I also received a good amount of letters I haven't had time to read them all yet but I know I got 2 from G&G Larsen and a couple from G&G Steinagle and 1 from Luke! Thank you guys! 

It actually would be a really good idea to send me some socks. Mine have kind of shrunk a little bit so it is really hard to put on in the mornings haha I really like the gold toe socks but could you get the ones that are more stretchy?

The mission is the best! I learn every day something new about life.I love in Alma 17:2-3 where it talks about how they studied the word of God, prayed and fasted and then they could teach with power and authority from God. Studying the scriptures everyday is definitely something that I am going to be doing for the rest of my life. Sometimes I just wish I had a whole day to read the scriptures. Right now I am about to finish the Book of Mormon! For everyone who wishes that there was world peace, go read 4th Nephi. If only we could all study the scriptures and keep pride out of our hearts we could all live in peace. Anyway, that is what I have been learning lately. I am glad that I have parents that have always taught me about the things that they have learned. You guys are great examples.

I love everyone!

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment