Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Faith


September 24, 2013

Dear Family,

Merry Changes!!! I guess usually during changes P day is changed to Tuesday so that is why I didn't email you guys yesterday. I know my next companion! Its Elder Ve'e! That was the last thing that I thought would happen because Elder Ve'e was one of our house mates last changes so we are really good friends. I am really excited to work with him. He only has 2 more changes than me so we are both pretty young but we are both football players so we are going to get to work. My new area is San Carlos in Maldonando. Changes are tomorrow so I'm going to say goodbye to all the members today.

It is crazy that Elder Walker is going home! I gave him all of your info so he better email you or call you. Elder Walker has taught me so much and I am so grateful for him. On the last work day of his mission we did work! We are leaving the 2 other missionaries that are coming into this area with 4 people that have baptismal dates plus Elena who is going to get baptized as soon as she gets married. It is sad that I won't get to work with all of our investigators here anymore but it is time for me to go find some people over in San Carlos. 

But I have been studying a lot about the atonement too! I love the Talk by Elder Bednar on the Atonement. I don't know the date he gave it but it is in one of the Liahonas. He talks a lot about the enabling power of the atonement which is an interesting topic.

So my Faith diagram:
I don't think I can draw it on here but I will just write it out.


We are all looking for happiness in this life. In order for us as missionaries to bring others happiness we need to help them be baptized, we have to help the active members continue to grow in the gospel, and we have to rescue those members who have gone inactive. How do we do this? To me the best way and maybe the only way that we can do all of this is through miracles. Well how do we participate in miracles? (Ether 12:12 and there are a bunch of other scriptures about Faith=Miracles.) But it is through our Faith that we can see miracles. So how can we build our Faith? I believe 2 things make up our Faith: 1) Action  2) Belief. So if we obey all of the mandamientos de Dios and we have hope we are going to fulfill our missionary purpose and in turn have happiness in our own lives. You can change it a little bit for non missionaries but that is my little spiel. 

Oh Elder Walker lives in Washington but he might be going to BYU in January.

I hope everything goes well with Sam’s wedding! I hope all my buddies are doing well too. 

So did I tell you guys that I love tomatoes now? I munch those things down now! Its a miracle. I must have some strong faith haha un chiste.

Anyway, I miss you guys. Give everyone a hug for me. Hopefully I didn't forget to tell you guys something. It just seems like a ton has been going on! But I am loving the mission. I can't believe that I have been out for 4 months! (or something like that). I feel so blessed. Goodluck in your next game Luke! I hope school is going well! 

I love everybody!

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment