Thursday, September 5, 2013

3 Baptisms coming up


September 2, 2013

Dear Family,

I'm glad to hear that all is going well! I hope you like college Mom! Just remember to do your homework and not stay up too late. Is Luke still enjoying school? I wrote letters to everyone last Pday but I forgot to give them to the zone leaders so I sent them today. So look for them in the mail in like a month! I sent 2 envelopes full of letters to your address in Alpine. 

This past Thursday I met President Newsome and his wife. We were able to talk for a good amount of time. They are awesome! They were really glad that they met you guys. They said that we have a pretty chill family...or something like that. But it was good to finally meet them. They have testimonies that just punch you in the chest! Powerful. 

This week was pretty ordinary. We have 3 pretty strong investigators and then a ton of "flojos" which are weak investigators. Alexandro is getting baptized the 14 of this month. We talked to him in the street like a week or 2 ago and it turns out that his wife is an inactive member who wants to come back to the church! So he has been GOLD. Elena is still trying to get married but she has had some crazy spiritual experiences so she absolutely knows that this church is true. Our other guy is Sebastian who is the boyfriend of another inactive member and I think he will get baptized the 28th.

This last Wednesday was crazy though! We had a charla set up with all 3 of our strong investigators in one night! The problem is that they live 45 minutes away from each other so we were running like crazy! But Aeroparque doesn't like it when you run through the streets at night and you are a missionary. Every single dog in the whole area was barking at us and a lot of them tried to attack us. The good thing is that the same dog that bit me last time came at us and it was going to bite me again but I kicked it right in the ribs! HA! Dog-1 Elder Lacey-1. I don't think it is going to bite me again. Later that night we ran by a group of 5 teenagers and they started throwing good sized rocks at us! We were a little bit frustrated with this but we just kept running. Ain't nobody got time for dat! We have people to baptize. We were lucky that we didn't get hit though.

But everything is going super well! Elder Walker is teaching me how to be a senior comp because we have no idea who will be my next comp so I am learning a ton. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes on. There is a lot to remember but I am trying to write it all down. I wish I had more time to study! Personal study always goes by ridiculously fast! 

So when is Sam’s wedding? I hope everything goes well with that. I love everybody! I love this Gospel! I love football! I love food! 

Hugs and Besos,

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment