Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spiritual Boot Camp!

Elder Lacey in the streets of Montevideo

Elder Lacey and Elder Lawson




April 27, 2015

Dear Family,

It is weird to say that this is my last full week of work because it feels so normal. This past week we worked just as we have in these past 2 years. We had a conference with Elder Oaks on Tuesday and it was awesome! I have had the opportunity to hear 2 Apostles in person here on the Mission and both of those times I felt the spirit so strongly as they bore testimony of Jesus Christ. They truly are special witnesses of Him. Guess what he talked about first with us? That’s right, marriage haha! There we were, 500 missionaries strong and he talked to us about marriage! It was a little bit funny but everyone learned a lot. He also talked about a lot of other things that I loved. He talked about what real success is, how to be an instrument in the Lords hands, and consecration. I am grateful for our latter-day prophets and Apostles.

I will try to practice my English so that I can give a good talk on the 10th. 

I am really excited to see you all and to catch up on everything that has happened in these past 2 years. I have so many things in my head that I want to take a day or two just to write everything down and plan a little bit for the future. Maybe we can play a few IGP games as well :)

The work is going well and it will keep on going. There are many strong members here in Uruguay and they are living examples of how the Gospel blesses families. I will be forever grateful for the things that I have learned here and for the miracles that I have seen. I know that I am just at the beginning of my life mission but I feel a lot more prepared to face life now that I have gone through spiritual bootcamp. ¡Vamo' Arriba! 

I love you all!

Elder Lacey

Dear Dad,

I will seriously need your help when i get home. You have so much knowledge! I want to sit down with you and talk strategy for the future. There are so many things that I want to accomplish and the only thing that is against me is time haha! I don't think I am going to sleep, ain’t nobody got time for that.

I love this work. I can't wait to have my family as my companion so that we can go do some work together! 

I love you.


Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment