Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Uruguay




Elder Lacey and Elder Lawson



May 5, 2015

Dear Family,

I feel like Ammon when he finished in part his mission with the Lamanites in Alma chapter 26:16

Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

I cannot even begin to express how I feel. I have seen such great blessings and miracles here in Uruguay and I know that I will never be able to repay my Eternal Father in Heaven for everything that I have experienced here. I have enjoyed every second of my mission and I am excited to continue to serve the Lord after the mission. 

I already had my last interview with President Cook and it was amazing. He asked me what I had taken away from these two years in Uruguay. It is difficult to pinpoint one specific thing that I have learned in these past two years but, I told him that I now know what it takes....what it takes to have an eternal family, what it takes to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I now know what I need to do. In the mission my eyes have been opened and I know that I need to love the Lord with all of my heart, which means a lot more than most people think it means. 

I am sad to say goodbye to this beloved country and to these people that I have come to love but I know they are in good hands because they have learned to put their trust in the Lord. Good thing that someone invented Facebook so that I can stay in contact with all of these people! 

I love the Lord with all of my heart. I will never deny him and I will live my life in a such a way that he will be proud of me. The church is true! Families can be together forever! I am so grateful for the wonderful family that I have, and I am excited to see you guys soon. 

Hurrah for Israel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Elder Lacey  

Mom

What a miracle! I can't wait to meet him! (We are bringing a non-member to Daniel’s homecoming talk in sacrament meeting) And I can't wait to keep seeing miracles together with all of you.
Gustavo (the man Daniel just baptized) is such a good man! I really love him a lot.

See you soon!

Love you forever Mom!

Elder Lacey

Dear Dad,

I love you! And I love all of your advice. I want to sit down with a spiral notebook and a pen and write all of the council that you have for me. You have always been a very inspired Dad.

I am so grateful for the mission and I am ready for my next mission. I don't know exactly what I am going to do with everything but the good thing is that I have good parents that have good council and I have learned to be obedient to the Lord and to my parents. 

I love you Dad!

Elder Lacey



No comments:

Post a Comment