Monday, September 22, 2014

I Love the Mission!!


September 22, 2014

Dear Family,

I am still laughing at the thought of Ali running around the football field with Will scoring goals. I bet she has been dominating those little kids haha!

(Just a note to explain: Will (age 3 ) won’t play soccer unless Ali holds his hand and runs up and down the field with him. We keep teasing Ali that she needs to score some goals!! I told this to Daniel so he is commenting on it.)

It is good to hear that everyone is doing well. I can't believe that Sarah and John live near that beach that we went to. I am going to visit them for sure. Everyone needs to find a way to move closer to you guys like Sam did. Good move Sam! 

That is an awesome missionary experience. It is so interesting how things like that work out.

We had a similar miracle occur this week. On Friday we had a packed day. I remember looking at my agenda and wondering how we were going to get to all of our charlas on time because it was a completely packed day. So it turns out that almost all of our charlas fell through and these were really firm charlas we had. It was ridiculous how the charlas fell through and by 8 o'clock at night we didn't have a single thing to do. We decided to go pass by this woman named Ana that we had contacted in the street the other day even though she lived super far away. We were both kind of frustrated on the way over to her house. We had worked so hard and were looking forward to having these charlas with all of our investigators but a bunch of random stuff got in their way. When we got to the house of Ana it turned out that she doesn't even live there!............. But an incomplete family does! We found the family Legisano there and they are awesome! The 25 year old son is less active but he has a really strong testimony and his mom and his sister almost got baptized 4 years ago but they lived in a small branch at the time and there were some problems with the members or something like that. They also live with Maxi their cousin who is 17. His mom died about a year ago. At the end of the day we looked back and realized that in order for us to have found them, all of our charlas had to fall through. And then on top of that we received a false direction from some random lady named Ana that took us right to the Legisano’s house. We were amazed!

But Melo loves to play with my emotions. I have never seen so many miracles but I have also never seen so many disappointments. Manavel (I guess it is really Anabel) was going to come to church with her daughters and one of their daughters friends. We had a Noche de Hogar (FHE) in the house of a member with them and they were so pumped to come to church and get baptized. The member went to go walk with them to church and none of them wanted to come and we haven't been able to get in contact with them since. Also Leonardo was going to get baptized this Sunday but he has a few problems with the commandments. However, Veronica received a testimony of the Book of Mormon and wants to get baptized. We haven't been able to get in contact with Nancy and her family in a couple days. But a less active member showed up to church with her 9 year old daughter that wants to get baptized.

As you can see it was a roller coaster of a week. But we are really feeling good about the future. we have faith that everything will work out and that as long as we give it our all everything will be dandy. 

It is so amazing the difference that you can see in the people that really want to make the sacrifice and come unto Christ. Veronica is amazing! I can't remember if I have already told you about her but she basically memorized 3 Ne 11. She knew it better then the members! The only doubt that she has is that she wants her whole family to accept the gospel and come to church with her but for now her family isn't super willing to come to church. I know that as she keeps on the path her family will join with her one day. I love the mission!!

Love

Elder Lacey



Dear Dad,

¡Hoy es el Día! 

Tiene razon. Ya hace calor acá. Uruguay es medio raro. hace frío o hace calor. no hay intermedio. Pero por suerte a mi me gusta el calor.

Recently I have been learning a lot about the life of Jesus Christ. I am trying to finish the book, "Jesus the Christ" and I have been able to watch a lot of the Bible videos that the Church came out with. I love thinking about how Jesus taught. it is awesome because Preach my Gospel helps us learn how to teach like him. I cannot wait to learn even more from General Conference!

I love you Dad!

Elder Lacey

GO COUGS

No comments:

Post a Comment