Tuesday, January 28, 2014

3rd New Mission President


January 28, 2014

Dear Family,

Thank you for the email mom. Your emails are always so spiritual and they always lift me up. I love reading Dad's emails too. You guys are the best parents ever!

So is it still pretty cold up there or is it coming down a bit? We have been having some good rain storms lately down here but sometimes I sweat even more because of the humidity that the rain brings haha! 

It is really sad that Pres. and Sister Newsome have to leave. He said that he was going to be reassigned when he gets everything sorted out with his business but he isn't coming back to Uruguay. The new president down here is going to be President Cook..... but not from the Quorom of the 12. He is from Idaho or something like that. I still don't know much about him but he sounds like a good guy. Hopefully he will be able to stay here for the long run.

So....Andrea didn't get baptized this past Sunday. But she is going to get baptized this Thursday sí o sí! I know that I have said that like 5 times now but I mean it this time. the only reason that she didn't get baptized this past Sunday is because she had to go to Montevideo for an emergency or something. she is really awesome and wants to get baptized, it is just taking a really long time. 

That is sweet that you have found someone to teach! I am hoping and praying that you guys can open some doors with that family. It sounds like you guys are trying really hard so keep up the good work. Missionary work is the Best!

This past week was a doozy! I was pretty much sick for a week straight. My comp also got pretty sick as well, but he is such a boss! We left everyday to go out and work except for 1 day where we couldn't leave. But the sickness wasn't the worst part for us. We just felt like we haven't been able to work in our area very much this week and so we both just wanted to work our tails off but we couldn't really because of us being sick. We have some good investigators here but it has been hard to get very many people to progress. So I was feeling a little bit down this week because I want to do so much more but we were a bit restricted with the sicknesses and the conferences. My comp and I have been able to work through it though and so we are feeling ready for the next change that is coming up. We really want to hit the road running and baptize every week starting with Andrea. My comp has a really good attitude and so we are going to get some good work done this change. I am sure of it.

The other 2 elders in our house both got changed out so we will have 2 new guys in the house but Elder Rae and I are staying! This will be my third change in Chuy.... Time is flying! I am loving the work here and I am starting to become pretty good friends with all of the members here.

I hope school is going well for you mom! Send everyone my love!

Love,

Elder Lacey

PS don't worry about me being sick, I'm fine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment