Monday, January 27, 2014

The Spirit Spoke Through Us


January 20, 2014

Dear Family,

What a crazy past couple of days! I thought that I was done with bus trips for awhile... how wrong I was haha! So Thursday night we had to take a bus to Lascano to do a baptismal interview. We stayed there that night and we slept on the floor. Then we woke up at 4 am to get on a bus to Montevideo to go to the Oro conference for my companion (I still remember my oro conference when I got lost haha) We got to Montevideo, had the conference, and then left back to home. We got home at around 1 am. The Next day we received a text that every elder in the mission had to go to Montevideo for a special conference on Monday! So on Sunday night we had to take a bus to Rocha at 8 pm and we slept on the floor in one of the apartments of the elders over there. Then we woke up at 5:30 to get to the chartered bus that the mission got for us. We got to Montevideo and no one had any clue why we were there. It started off as a normal conference when suddenly out of the blue President said that he has to go back to the States! I guess he has to take care of something with his company that he left so he has to go back and fix it. It was such a surprise for all of us. We just recently had a change of Presidents! It was really sad to hear that. The President’s wife was crying. President was able to keep it cool until we snuck up on him and started singing "Para Siempre Dios Este con Vos" (God Be With You ‘till We Meet Again) after the last prayer. Then he started crying.  After that was all finished we hopped on a bus back to Rocha. The only problem was that all of this traveling started to take an effect on my body physically. During the reunion I wasn't feeling to good and I had a bad case of diarrhea but I had to get on the bus igual. About 1 hour into the bus ride I went and puked in the toilet on the bus. After that I felt a lot better but the bus was really hot and there wasn't any water on the bus and I got a fever. Once we finally got to Rocha I was hallucinating. It was really funny for all of my buddies but I don't remember much. I guess I was just constantly talking about random things. I said that "I go to college and so I have a very good linear memorization pattern" I also told Elder Petersen that "I have seen your football tape and I loved it. There are a few things that I can help you with but I loved your stance and your back pedal. The best thing that you do is when the ball is in the air BAM you brake on it! I'm telling you, you could play for the Seattle Seahawks. I got connections and we are going to make it so we don't have to play on Sunday"...... I have never seen Elder Petersen’s highlight film haha! I guess I was just saying stuff like that all the way back from Rocha to Chuy. I ended up Puking again on the bus though. We got back at 12:30 to our house. 

I woke up today and I was still feeling bad but I am getting better so don't worry. Basically it was a crazy past couple of days. 

I loved those scriptures that you shared though. They are really powerful. I am very grateful for the service that I can give to my fellow elders here and we are starting to see some progress with everything. 

I hope that you guys will be able to have a missionary experience soon. That is crazy that you had 23 baptisms in your stake! 

 Also, I have been getting letters from BYU. The coaches write them and they are usually pretty inspirational stuff. 

That is so awesome that Luke is doing really well in school! Tell him to keep up the good work! 

Even though it has been a rough couple of days. I am excited to keep up the work here in Chuy. At this last conference Elder Hatch (Our new AP) gave a really inspirational presentation on “Are we doing everything?” Elder Rae I are going to go out and give it are all! Vamos Arriba- Lets Go Up! 

Andrea didn't get baptized on Sunday. She had her interview and everything but the night before her baptism she said that she still had doubts and didn’t want to get baptized. On Sunday the Bishop asked us right before sacrament meeting if we could give talks. we were really scrambling to put something together but our preparation didn't matter, the Spirit talked through both of us. Elder Rae gave a perfect talk for 10 minutes in Spanish which is really impressive because he hasn't been out here for too long. By the end of my talk there were a lot of people crying out in the audience including Andrea. After church we had a charla (discussion) with her and she is 100% committed to getting baptized this Sunday! 

I love this work and I love my Family

Love 

Elder Lacey
pastedGraphic.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment