Sunday, January 25, 2015

We Choose


January 19, 2015

Dear family,

Sounds like a lot is going on up there! There is a lot happening down here as well. For example, my computer is the slowest thing I have ever seen! So I will try to write as much as I can to you but we will see what happens. The good thing is that it is a good test of patience :)

This week we are going to have the baptism of Antonella on Saturday! We have to move her out of her house on Tuesday and then she will be good to go. We have been working with her for a long time. She has changed so much! It is amazing to see the changes that people can make in their lives if they just put Christ first.

This past week was a little bit rough but we are still going strong. Things were going too smooth for us a week ago so I guess we had to go through some tests. On Friday Elder Morris and I both were sick but we went out anyway. It just so happened that on that day the whole world decided to join against us. haha! A few investigators dropped us which was really sad because they were investigators that had felt the spirit during the charlas and everything. The good thing is that Elder Morris and I took it all with a smile. He is a really good missionary and we get along super well. This week is a new week and we have found some good new investigators so we are ready to go! Lets do it!

Well family, I have one quote for you and one quote only. "We choose" (I think Sarah’s basketball coach always said that) We choose what we want, if we want eternal happiness or eternal sadness (2 Ne 2:27) The only thing that we need to do is choose today to put Jesus Christ first in our lives. Read the scrips, Pray, Go to church, develop the Christlike attributes, serve. I have seen this message change the lives of many people and it has always been people who are willing to choose and do what is right. The Church is true!

That is really really sad about Alex Morrow passing away. Sam and I grew up with Alex and Adam. I have a ton of memories with them. I hope everything is alright. Give all of them a hug for me. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation that God has given us. Alex Served a good life.

Love,

Elder Lacey



Dear Dad,

I am always so glad for your example Dad. You are the best! I am feeling really good right now in a lot of aspects. I feel really good spiritually and I feel like I am growing everyday. I have felt really good physically (except for a little bit of sickness that I had) because we have been playing a lot of soccer and so I have been running a lot which is getting me back in shape. And I also feel well mentally. I beat my comp in a chess match today :) haha But I also feel like the mission has helped me learn a lot. I am looking forward to these next couple of months!

Hopefully I can live up to what you accomplished!

Love

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment