Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I LOVE THE MISSION


January 12, 2015

Dear Family,

Something has changed in me. I used to bleed green (FHS) then I bled Blue (BYU) but now I am just bleeding whatever the color of this mission is. I LOVE THE MISSION!

Elder Morris and I are doing super well. We have learned a lot from each other from applying this new change that we have in our mission. Our biggest focus in our companionship is just following the spirit which is what we always need to do. I know that this is where I am supposed to be right now. 

I don't have too much time to write you because I have gotten behind on all my emails but I love you guys! I received  a lot of mail recently from 5th ward and even from our ward in Alpine. We have always been surrounded by super good people.

Luke is flying! I love hearing about how well he is doing. Keep it up Luke!

This past Zone Conference that we had was really cool. We got everyone pumped up. At the end I was in a huddle with 1/3 of the elders in our zone and we basically all committed ourselves to give everything. I felt like I was back in football for a little bit. We all left on fire! 

I love what you sent me about the Atonement. It made me think about how I have come to learn about the atonement. Before the mission I don't think I really knew exactly what the atonement was. I still have a lot to learn but I feel like I have learned a lot in these past 19 months. Christ truly does love us. It is our choice if we want to show our love for him and accept the gift that he has given us or not. I hope that I can always choose to sacrifice everything that I have for him. Those who are willing to lose their lives shall find it. (I think that is in the end of Mat. 10) May we all do everything we can to accept the atonement in our lives.

Love

Elder Lacey

Dear dad,

I was thinking the other day about what exactly is the word tired? How can we be tired? Is it something that will always get at us or is it a decision we make? I came to the conclusion that it is a decision. So if  you decide, you really can give 120% even when your body is begging for mercy. I love that Elder Eyring talk when he talks about his rally cry "Remember him". Jesus Christ gave us everything even though he was tired and beaten.

I love you! 

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment