Monday, December 22, 2014

Ward Family in Las Piedras



Elder Lacey with companions in Las Piedras


December 22, 2014

Dear Family,

¡Christmas! I'm so excited that I am sweating! Or maybe that is just the heat from the sun and all of the fireworks going off haha! It does not even feel like Christmas but it is a good time to be a missionary. There are so many people that are in need of help during this time of year. It makes for a lot of humble hearts for the spirit to touch. We have found some more really good investigators but at the same time some have fallen. The Silvera Family fell :( Their Dad suddenly freaked out and said that he didn't want us coming over anymore. We will see what happens though because Lucia already received her answer that the Book of Mormon is true. I am sure that something will get worked out eventually. But a lot of our investigators are doing super well. We had a ward activity for Christmas on Saturday and some friends of members came so we are going to start working with them. I will send you a picture of the ward activity. 

Elder Lacey's ward in Las Piedras


I think I will call you guys at around 4 Uruguayan time this Thursday. I am pumped to see the whole crew!

I cannot believe that Dwayne received the Priesthood! That is awesome! I bet he has changed a lot. I am really happy for him.

That is also so crazy that Tyler Cahoon is already home! And Sean will be home in a month! Time is going by way too fast. Speaking of talks I gave another talk in church yesterday. haha! The bishop sent us a message an hour before church and asked us if we could talk. It is weird because I actually enjoy giving talks now. 

I got the other package today! Those Eccos are swwwweeeeet. In fact I am wearing them right now. I also enjoy those protein bars a ton. We have been lifting a lot lately because Elder Ellet moved into our house and he has a bunch of weights. So I'm gettin BIG...hopefully. Elder Havens is super awesome. I will try to send a picture of us together.

Elder Lacey with his companion Elder Havens
 (I think Elder Havens is on the right)


I am so grateful for a family that is centered in the Gospel. I love the mission and I know that I am where I am supposed to be. There is nothing better then watching people come unto Christ and change their lives. I know that Christ lives.

Love , 
Elder Lacey

Dear Dad,

You are completely right. I love that I don't have to worry about anything other then missionary work right now. Being a missionary during Christmas is the best. It is interesting that you talked about people being depressed during Christmas because yesterday we found a new investigator that was really sad because she doesn't really get along with her family and her daughter is on drugs so we were able to help her out and now she is really interested in the church. At the start of the conversation she only accepted to listen to us because she has a friend in the States that told her a while ago that the church has changed her life (the life of her friend). The friend told her that whenever she sees the missionaries she should talk to them. So she did! It is amazing how saying something so simple can have such a huge effect on someone.

I have never been so happy in my life. I love the mission!

Talk to you soon!

Love

Elder Lacey

I am so grateful for a family that is centered in the Gospel. I love the mission and I know that I am where I am supposed to be. There is nothing better then watching people come unto Christ and change their lives. I know that Christ lives.



Love

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment