Tuesday, December 9, 2014

He is the Gift


December 9, 2014

Dear Family,

Las Piedras is the best! I am loving the mission and Elder Havens and I are finding a ton of miracles. We are working with a couple of different families that are really awesome. Some of them need to get married though so we will see how that works out. Also, the other day we found a guy in the street that Elder Havens had met a year and a half ago! I guess he really wanted to get baptized and everything but he wasn't married and Elder Havens ended up losing contact with him. His name is Juan Carlos. He recently broke up with his girlfriend so he won't need to get married now. He is awesome though! I also really like the ward here. The other day we put on an activity for the mission work and it turned out really well. We made french toast and watched Èl es la Dàdiva. Have you guys seen that yet. In english it is, “He is the Gift.” It is amazing what the church is doing to get this message out. We are showing the video to all of our investigators and ward members and it is having a really positive effect on all of them.

My family is famous now! I wish I could have broken a world record! It sounds like it should be a huge video though. I remember that StudioC was starting when I was there at BYU but it wasn't super big. I'm glad that it is a lot bigger now. The pictures that you sent me are sweet. I don't know if we will be able to watch the Christmas devotional though. I am not sure if they broadcast it in spanish.

I feel like I have been learning so much recently. I finally feel like I am learning the gospel and what it really means to live it. When you are really living the gospel you see how different things are. You no longer look for excuses but look for ways to become more like Christ. It is amazing to see the difference between a new missionary and a missionary that is about to go home. The missionaries that are coming in now were sophomores in High school when I was a Senior! They are all really new and they have never been away from their home for more then a week but they are all so willing to give it their best. And after 2 years they will have completely changed from being timid teenagers to being strong representatives of Jesus Christ. The mission is the best. 

Recently we have started working with the members a ton and now all of the members are pumped to do some missionary work. 

I invite you guys to go and share, “He is the Gift” with everyone you know if you haven't already done it. It is awesome because you can do it through Facebook super easy or even email it! Do it! :)

I love all of you!

Elder Lacey


Dear Dad,

I feel like I have finally learned how to sing on the mission as well. Our zone has to sing for the Mission Christmas Conference so we will see how it turns out. 

I really like what you said about having a plan to communicate and to testify. I love making plans and it is something that I have learned to do here on the mission. I am going to make some plans now to better communicate this message to the whole world! Or maybe just Las Piedras for now. The mission has really helped me develop better social skills.


I love you Dad!

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment