Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Raining Miracles


October 13, 2014

Dear Family,

Never have I seen so much intelligence shown in my life. Magnificent, Marvelous, Wonderful. Those were the words that popped into my head when I opened up my package and saw Taco Bell sauce and Beef Jerky and gum and ties and pens. I am going to make burritos today and put some of that Taco Bell sauce on it. Thank you so much! You are the best.

Another day another baptism. Thats my new slogan that I made for this week. Even though we didn't have a baptism it helps us keep working towards it. haha! But things are going well down here. Nothing out of the normal has happened. It has been raining quite a bit though. It is funny because Elder Leavitt and I did an Intercambio together when I was in San Carlos about a year ago and it was raining. We have now been together for 5 days now and it has rained everyday that we have been together..........Raining MIRACLES that is!!! We are doin work! But seriously, it has rained everyday we have been together haha

That is scary what happened to Abuelo Larsen. But I can just see him cracking jokes in spanish in the hospital. He is such a good example.

I hear that a lot of missionaries in the states got to see the movie “Meet the Mormons.” Those lucky dogs! It sounds awesome! I love how the church is making a lot more movies and videos for the public. Maybe they will translate it into Spanish and bring it down south to Uruguay. 

Elder Leavitt is awesome. We get along really well and he is a really hard worker. He is super spiritual as well. I have been super blessed to always have really good comps. He is from Orem, Utah but recently his parents moved to Salt Lake City. He is 1 change behind me on his mission so he has been out for about 4 months......or maybe 1 year and 4 months I can't remember. The only downfall that he has is that he is a Utah Ute fan. But I have the hope that everyone can change. 

I love this work. I love going out and finding random people in the street to try and sell them eternal life for free. There are so many people that are prepared to come and accept this message. We have found some really good people lately and we are excited to see what happens. I love my family so much! I am so glad that we have this plan so that we can live as a family for ever.

Love

Elder Lacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment