Monday, May 19, 2014

Baptism of Lucas and Juan


Elder Lacey and Elder Bastidas baptism of Juan and Lucas


May 12, 2014

Dear Mom,

I was going to tell you Happy Mothers Day but I never got the chance since we got cut off too soon! Sooooo....HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! :) You are the best mom ever. Thank you so much for devoting so much time to raising all of us. I am so blessed to have you and Dad as parents. 

That is so awesome that you were able to share a book of mormon on the boat! You are always looking for ways to share this light with others. Maybe Dad can just baptize her right there in the ocean! haha I hope that you get a chance to help out with that lady's daughter. 

It was really good to talk to you yesterday even though it was only for 20 minutes. You both always inspire me to do my best and to remember about the important things in life. That is really cool that you were able to talk to Elder Vorwaller and hear all of his crazy stories haha It is awesome that you have been able to talk to a ton of my comps. I was also able to see the family of Elder Pike. His mom told me that you guys have been emailing back and forth. They seem like a really good family. Elder Pike is super good at singing so I have been trying to learn a little bit. We actually don't sound to bad! haha It is funny because Elder Pike looks a lot like Sean Farley!

The mission is going really well. I forgot to tell you that on Saturday that Elder Bastidas and I had 7 baptisimal interviews to do so we were pretty busy. Our zone is working hard and we are happy. But there are 2 things that I need help with. 1) In Chuy I ate Granola for days because it is pretty cheap and super good but I got addicted! How do you make homeade granola? We have a lot of oatmeal here and we can get honey but could you email me the recipe please? :) 2) The inserts to one of the pairs of my shoes are pretty destroyed but I remember that MR. Mac said that they can send more inserts pretty easy. They are the shoes that arn't the Eccos. I can't remember what they are called. It isn't super urgent but here in a few months I will need some new ones. Thanks! 

Anyway, I hope you guys have fun on the cruise! make sure to take lots of pìctures. I am so happy that I am here in Uruguay and I am so happy that I am doing the Lords work!

Love

Elder Lacey

(When we talked with Daniel on Mother's Day, he related a story about the baptism he had that day.  Juan and Lucas ages 13 and 11 were baptized and many of their non-member family came to the baptism. Daniel was so emotional telling the story he could hardly get it out, but anyway Lucas and Juan bore testimonies after their baptisms that as Daniel put it, "out of the mouths of babes" came powerful witnesses of the reality of the Savior. Daniel said that especially Lucas, the 11 year old, gave a testimony that sounded like and adult. He said they will probably baptize many more because of the great influence of these young men.)


May 19, 2014

Dear Mom,

Sounds like you guys had a blast in Tahiti! The pictures look awesome! Maybe we will have to make a return trip in about a year and a week ;) That is to bad that you stepped on that sea urchin, but I guess you need to feel the pain to know the good or something like that. 

Anyway, that is really cool that you guys got to meet so many Mormons out in Tahiti and that you got to see so many cool things. To bad that I am having a  better time! :) Things are going great down here. Some of the family of Lucas and Juan came to their confirmation and so we are hoping for some good things to come from that. The Stake President is really good friends with a lot of their family and the Stake President’s son is now good friends with Juan and Lucas. All of the members are really excited about them too. If we could convert the rest of their family it would help all of 33 a ton! So please pray for all of them. 

Yesterday we had a noche de hogar (Family Home Evening) with one of the aunts of Juan and Lucas (Antonella) in the house of our Ward Mission Leader. There were a lot of people there and we watched Hallando Fe en Cristo (Finding Faith in Christ) Like always there were some small technical problems with the DVD but the spirit was really strong and everyone loved it. We had to leave right after the movie and run to our house so we could get home at 8 because it was Sunday so we didn't get the chance to read a scripture or bare our testimonies after. I was super disappointed because I felt the spirit really strongly and I just wanted to drop the testimony on our investigators but I know that the Lord will bless us for being obedient to his commandments. But I invite you guys to watch that movie because it is awesome. My testimony of Jesus Christ grows every time I watch it.

So what are you guys going to do this summer? It is so weird because I feel like it is about time for Thanksgiving down here haha! It is getting a bit nippy.

I love the Mission

Hugs for everyone!       

Love

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment