Monday, August 5, 2013

Good, Better, Best


Aloha!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! You guys are the best parents in the whole world! The 3 other missionaries in our house and I decided to go eat at McDonalds to celebrate your anniversary. Its funny because McDonalds is really high class here, but it was really good. 

Alright lets get to the good stuff.

I am now a true missionary!!! There are a few qualifications you need to become a true missionary and on Saturday I accomplished the hardest one.... I got bit by a dog! Haha! Elder Walker and I had just got out of a lesson and we were talking about how it went. It was pitch black so I couldn't see a thing. I suddenly just felt a sting on my calf and then before I could kick the dog in the head it was half way down the street. It was some sort of ninja dog. It snuck up on me, bit me, and then took off. The good thing is that it was a pretty weak bite. I thought it got me worse than it did but it barely left a mark and it didn't break skin so I'm all good. It was a pretty weak dog.

I received the package with candy in it! Thank you so much! It has been treating me really well. I don't know why it took so long to get here though. I also got a letter from Sam and one from Amy. They were from awhile back though. But tell them thanks for me. It is really good to hear from everybody. I'll be writing everyone soon! I also think I got some more letters today but I haven't been able to read them. I am only able to read letters on P day so sometimes I forget to read them before I come here to write emails. But thanks you everyone for writing me! I love it. But I think DearElder takes a really long time to get here just so everyone knows. Which is fine, but if you want a letter to get here faster the regular way is faster... or an email is pretty fast too. I also got the recipes! Thank you so much! I love cooking. I have started making French Toast every morning and I'm not going to lie... It is some dang good French Toast.

Here is a good, better, best story. One night at around 7:30 Elder Walker and I didn't have anymore set charlas (discussions) for the rest of the night so we decided to go to the Salvetti’s house. The Salvetti Family is awesome! They are members and they always feed us and they are really funny. We needed to talk with them about something for German and Stephanies wedding coming up. We pretty much knew that if we went there they were going to give us dinner and hot chocolate while we talked about whatever we needed to talk about. We would be doing what we needed to but it would probably take more time than it needed to. So while we were walking to the Salvettis Elder Walker said let’s go and see if we can talk with one of our new investigators and then after that we will go talk to the Salvettis. So we went and had a really good short lesson with this lady and then after that we started heading to the Salvettis again. But again, we decided that we could be doing something better so we stopped where there was some light and looked at our planners. There wasn't really anyone we could visit at that time of night. We had a list of names of people that were potential futures so I picked a name off of that list. But we didn't really know where she lived and it is difficult to find people’s houses in the dark so Elder Walker said to pick a different name and I agreed. So we stood there for another minute and then I said I have no idea who we should go visit......wait, actually I do. We are going to visit the first person that I chose. I felt that it was right.  We new the Manzana (or the block) this lady lived on and it was on the other side of Aeroparque. We walked over there and could not find it at all. So we started walking back to our house when Elder Walker decided to turn around and walk a different route back to home. While we were walking I had a chain of thoughts that lead to me to remember this one lady that we talked to a couple weeks ago. I looked up and the lady I was thinking about lived right where we were walking toward. So we decided to go talk to her and her family. We talked to her husband and he was really interested and excepted our invitation to find out if these things are true and then if they are true, be baptized. The whole chain of events that lead up to us finding these people was miraculous. There is no way that it was coincidence. And it all started with us choosing to do the best we could do. Going to the Salvettis was good but doing a little bit more work was better, and then not going to the Salvettis turned out to be the best thing we could do at that time. When we were walking home Elder Walker and I just looked at each other and said, “Yep, the Church is true!”

Kind of a long story but I thought it was pretty neat. But this week has been really good. Sunday was frustrating because I really thought we were going to have 9 investigators in church this week but only 3 showed up. I get disappointed every Sunday! Haha! But its all good. We will get them all to come eventually.

Did the Conti family email you pictures yet? They are such an awesome family! And we had lunch with them yesterday and they said they would send some pictures of us all to you guys! I thought that was really nice of them. They are awesome.

Keep me informed of everything that is happening. I am going to try and write everyone soon but if I can't get to it today make sure everyone knows that I love them! Make sure all the nieces and nephews remember my name! 

I love you!

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment