Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"This is what you call a Zone!!"

"This is what you call a Zone!!"



August 11, 2014

Dear Family,

You sneaky dogs! Who told you that you could could go to Bear Lake without me! haha! It looks like you guys had a blast. Tell John to stop making my brothers look bad by doing all of those backflips! haha! I love our family. we always have some really good times together.

It is crazy how big all of the kids are getting. By the time I get home they will all be taller then me! Today I was on a bus with Elder Pyper who is one of my good friends in the mission. If you remember we lived in the same house in Aeroparque. This is his last change in the mission which blows my mind! I got to hear his valiente testimony which is the last testimony you give in your last zone conference and it was great. In the manual misional it says that your time as a missionary is short so you need to use every second of it wisely. The first time that I read that I didn't believe it. 2 years is a really long time! But now I know that it is true. We have got to give it our all every week, every day, every second, every whistle (or maybe that is football haha) But I am just glad to still have time left in the mission. I have never felt such a strong desire to find people to baptize. Before I definitely had a strong desire but this past week it almost hurt how much we wanted to find people. We had a multi zone conference with Pres. Cook this past week and it is amazing how much I learned. In the past 4 months I have learned so many things that have changed my mission. I feel like I am really starting to get the grasp of teaching.... the secret is to not teach. Let the spirit teach by helping the investigator act on their faith. 

This past Sunday we had 9 investigators in church. The crazy thing is that our 2 strongest investigators weren't able to come this week. We still haven't had a baptism here in Melo yet but there are a lot of people that are close. A lot of the people that went to church are people that don't have baptismal dates. There were 2 who aren't married and then a few who we can never find them to have a charla with them!!! But we are feeling really good about our area. I finally feel like I know exactly what I am doing. It is funny because in a couple months I will look back and say "What the heck was I doing? I didn't know a thing!" haha!

Anyway, the weather here is super weird. It has been hot lately. This winter has been a lot warmer then last winter that is for sure. And I think we are almost into spring. Vamos a ver. Uruguayan weather is unpredictable.

You guys are the best! Take care of your hamstring mom! That is the worst! Take some Ibuprofen :)

Love

Elder Lacey


Dear Dad,

HAHAHA! Coach Mendenhall thinks he can trick me but me and my comp are already waking up at 6 to work out! So take that. I'm already ready! haha

(Note: Coach Mendenall has changed football practice at BYU to be at 6:00 am)

That scripture is awesome though. I have been learning a lot about that actually. One thing that we need to have to discern the needs of others is charity. If we really love the people then we will be able to have the spirit to see what they need. I love a quote that mom told me awhile back. Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care....or something like that. But it is so true.

Dang Sarah....She brought a tear to my eye about her prayer. But only one tear haha She is so sweet.

I don't know if I am just going crazy but my favorite thing for breakfast right now is 2 eggs mixed with peas and corn and ham with a bowl of cold oatmeal with milk and cinnamon and a banana....haha I love it.

You guys inspire me. I am so grateful to be here on the mission. Even though I am far away from you all I feel close to you in the spirit.

Love 

Elder Lacey

a carpinchu....or something like that

No comments:

Post a Comment