Monday, July 28, 2014

Because of Him

Elder Contreras and Elder Lacey




July 21, 2014

Dear Family,

Melo is the best. There is really something special here. I feel like the Lord has something planned for Melo because it is ridiculous how open the people are here. When I got here we didn't really have many investigators but in the first 2 days we put 5 baptismal dates with some really solid people. We will see how this week goes but I really feel like there is a lot of potential here. The zone needs a lot of help though. We have already put some good plans into place though to help all of the missionaries be really diligent. I am really looking forward to the challenge and I think we are going to do some awesome things here. My companion Elder Contreras is awesome! He is super chill! I don't really know what it is but I have felt the spirit super strongly in a lot of our charlas. We work really well together.

We found a family last Friday and I am so pumped for them. The mom’s name is Julia and her boyfriends name is Reuben. She has 3 children and he has 1. They are already engaged but they don't know exactly when they are going to get married. They both came to church on Sunday with Julias youngest daughter. Our ward is humoungous!.....at least compared to all of the other wards that I have been in. There were 108 people in church on Sunday and there are some really solid members. Anyway we had a charla with Julia and Reuben last night in their house and we watched Gracias a él (Because of Him) which is a new video that the church came out with a couple months ago for easter. We talked a little bit and Julia opened up and started crying. The only thing she wants is a united family and that is exactly what we were talking to her about. She said that she is really interested so we are really pumped. We are going to start working with the whole family more but the kids are always gone. I love working with families though. 

Being in Melo is definitely a new experience but I like it. The mission is the best! I don't know what else to say. I love how this message can change anyone anywhere. Shoot, I am a changed man. And I like it! :)

Love 

Elder Lacey

Dear Dad,

I am glad that you are showing those priests whats up! Stone Hands Lacey! oops I means Stone Wall Lacey! I was thinking the other day about how we do need to be toughened up to prepare for a mission spiritually as well as physically. I was thinking about Tyler Cahoon and how well he is doing, Sean Farley is killin’ it has well. I am loving the mission too. We all played football and we were all taught good work ethic from our dads. I think that is a huge reason why we are doing so well. Tyler and Sean are machines in the work room and so when you put them in the mission field theirs machines in the mission field as well. If we can learn to have that same work ethic combined with our testimonies in Jesus Christ, no matter what we are doing or where we are we can accomplish anything. Thanks for having me dig those holes in our garden. It builds character.

I hope you guys aren't to uncomfortable in your tiny little trailer. Does it have a Jacuzzi in it or something?

Keep building peoples character!

Love

Elder Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment